August 31, 2013

College. This is real life.

That's right folks I am now a college student and I am loving every minute of SUU. I have been here for a little over a week and it is a non stop party :) I go to my classes too, don't fret. Aside from being so fun :) this has also been an eye opening experience, I take a lot of things for granted in life that I miss now that I am living on my own.
1. Food. My mom isn't around to cook for me or stock the fridge for that matter. I never realized how hard it was to come up with ideas on what to make for dinner. So yeah, I miss my fully stocked fridge that I could eat anything out of (now I share a fridge so not everything in it is fair game.)
2. TV. I miss the pause button on my TV I'm not going to lie. I no longer have the option to record my favorite TV shows to watch at a later time. If I want to watch something I have to turn the TV on at its scheduled time to watch it.... and the commercials..... Its a struggle. Also I miss Zombies. A lot.
3. Noise. I miss having such a noisy house with all the people running around. When I get home from school and my roommates aren't home yet its SO QUIET and lonely. I miss my siblings running around being annoying, the quiet freaks me out a little.
4. Car. Even though I didn't have my own car I still miss that boat. Now I'm not saying I hate walking and riding my bike because I have no problem with that. BUT Wal-Mart and Smiths are pretty far away and I really hate asking for rides. I don't want to be a burden on anyone so yeah I miss my boat.
5. My ward. This isn't quite the same as the other things on the list but I miss my ward. I do not like the singles ward. I feel like I don't belong, plus its crazy quiet which is not something I am used to. Also I feel like singles ward is a place where everyone is desperate for an eternal companion. I just want to be 18 years old... I don't need guys thinking about what kind of wife I would be.

I have also come to the conclusion that sleep is an optional thing. I have been watching movies and hanging out with Tanner, the coolest kid around, until like 1am everyday and honestly I would much rather be watching movies than sleeping. I can sleep when I'm dead :) I'm sure everyone else in the house is sick it so I feel kind of bad. I will probably have to start going to sleep at a normal hour eventually....

Anyway college is grand and I love everything about it so far :)





No comments: